Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Afternoon

Still no White Ibis (WI)............ But once again I caught a glimpse of another Heron. This time it was an immature Yellow Crowned Night Heron (110)

I could not get a clear view and it had not as of yet developed all the adult type plumage, but none the less it was exciting to see it as I had again given up hope on WI and was about to head to the car.


Well, it is not as if there is nothing going on at the marsh (swamp), but my focus is on finding the WI.

Here is a list of the regulars that I see daily.

Great Blue Herons, 3 to 5, Great Egrets 1 to 3, Belted Kingfishers a pair, Green Herons 2, a Black Crowned Night Heron, Mallards, Canada Geese, Wood Ducks, Eastern Bluebirds, Goldfinches, Red Winged Blackbirds, Grackles, Owls, Hawks, and a lot of little brown jobs all over the place.



Lets see what tomorrow brings

1 comment:

Renna said...

You are so blessed to live in an area where you can see all those birds!