Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Good Morning at Centenial Lake

Thursday Morning April 3,

This was a very productive morning for finding new birds for the year. I was greatly aided by an experienced birder that walks many of the lakes I do. She pointed me in the right direction for the Golden Crowned Kinglets(71).

Then on her 2 nd pass around the lake, (my first) we saw a pair of Osprey (72), Pine Warblers, Palm Warblers (73). I didn't actually see the pine warbler so I will wait until I actually get a glimpse before recording it here in my journal
l. I would like to just add a quick note about the fellow birder that helped me with several IDs. She usually walks around this particular lake 3 times and then heads over to other birding spots before calling it a morning. Centennial lake is 3 miles around. I thought I was being active by walking it once around every couple of days. I guess this was a reality check. Starting tomorrow I am stepping up the pace.

Other birds worth mentioning were: several Yellow-rumped Warblers , Barn Swallows, Tree Swallows, and Rough Winged Swallows skimming over the water and another Chipping Sparrow and possibly a Blue-headed Verio.

No comments: